Spiced Chocolate CakeBy Michelle Noerianto & Kim Coverdale On Jun 30, 2020
Cooking Spiced chocolate cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Spiced chocolate cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Nutmeg, cinnamon and a hint of brandy spices up this moist chocolate cake.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Spiced Chocolate Cake
- 450g dark chocolate
- 450g unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup (125ml) buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup (50g) dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 1/2 cups (550g) caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brandy
- Coloured cachous, to decorate
The instruction how to make Spiced Chocolate Cake
- Preheat oven to 160u00b0C. Grease and line the base and sides of a 23cm square cake pan.
- Chop chocolate in a Braun Food Processor. Place 250g chocolate in a saucepan with 250g butter and 3/4 cup (185ml) water. Stir over low heat until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Place buttermilk, oil, coffee and eggs in processor and process to combine. Add flours, cocoa, soda, sugar and spices, then process to combine. Add melted chocolate and pulse until just combined. Pour into cake pan and bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until skewer inserted into centre comes out clean.
- Remove cake from oven, prick with a skewer and drizzle with brandy. Cool slightly, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- For icing, place remaining chocolate and butter in a pan and stir over low heat until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and chill until mixture is a spreadable consistency.
- Turn cake upside down so base becomes top. Spread with icing. Trim rough edges from cake, decorate with cachous and cut into small squares. If the weather is hot, you may need to refrigerate before serving.
Nutritions of Spiced Chocolate Cake
fatContent: 1004.278 calories
saturatedFatContent: 58 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 34 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 108 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 80 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 10 grams protein
sodiumContent: 201 milligrams cholesterol