Tuna & Sweet Potato CakesBy Jane Charlton On Jun 29, 2020
Cooking Tuna & sweet potato cakes step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Tuna & sweet potato cakes you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Turn a can of tuna and mashed sweet potato into these tasty little fish balls. This recipe can easily be cooked by the kids (with a little adult supervision).
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Tuna & Sweet Potato Cakes
- 1 medium (about 300g) orange sweet potato (kumara), peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 x 425g can tuna chunks in brine, drained
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 25g (1/4 cup) dried (packaged) breadcrumbs
- Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 crusty bread rolls
The instruction how to make Tuna & Sweet Potato Cakes
- Cook the sweet potato in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 7-8 minutes or until tender. Drain and refresh under cold running water. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Use a potato masher or fork to mash the sweet potato until coarsely mashed. Add the tuna, egg and breadcrumbs, and stir until well combined. Season with pepper. Divide the tuna mixture into 8 equal portions. Use wet hands to shape portions into 8cm patties.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the patties and cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden brown. Remove from heat. Divide among serving plates and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately with bread rolls.
Nutritions of Tuna & Sweet Potato Cakes
fatContent: 362.085 calories
saturatedFatContent: 11 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 37 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 6 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 28 grams protein
sodiumContent: 146 milligrams cholesterol