Chocolate Cake With Caramel FrostingBy Michelle Southan On Jun 29, 2020
Cooking Chocolate cake with caramel frosting step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Chocolate cake with caramel frosting you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Rich, moist and topped with a decadent frosting, this chocolate cake is one youll never forget.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Chocolate Cake With Caramel Frosting
- Melted butter, to grease
- 200g butter, at room temperature
- 155g (3/4 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 265g (1 3/4 cups) self-raising flour
- 35g (1/3 cup) cocoa powder
- 185ml (3/4 cup) milk
- 70g (1/2 cup) pecans, coarsely chopped
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 250g butter, at room temperature
- 100g (1/2 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 tablespoon milk
The instruction how to make Chocolate Cake With Caramel Frosting
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Brush a round 22cm (base measurement) cake pan with melted butter to lightly grease. Line the base and side with non-stick baking paper.
- Use an electric beater to beat together the butter, brown sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition until just combined. Sift the flour and cocoa over the butter mixture. Use a large metal spoon to fold in the milk until well combined.
- Spoon the cake mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove from oven and set aside for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, to make the caramel frosting, use an electric beater to beat together the butter, sugar and golden syrup in a medium bowl until light brown and fluffy. Add the milk and beat until well combined.
- Use a large serrated knife to cut the cake in half horizontally. Place the bottom half of the cake on a cake stand or serving plate and spread with half the caramel frosting. Top with the remaining cake and spread with the remaining caramel frosting.
- Sprinkle the top of the cake with pecans. Place the caster sugar in a medium frying pan and stir over low heat for 3-5 minutes or until sugar dissolves and caramelises. Remove from heat. Set aside for 2-3 minutes or until bubbles subside and toffee cools slightly. Use a spoon to drizzle cake with toffee.
Nutritions of Chocolate Cake With Caramel Frosting
fatContent: 557.587 calories
saturatedFatContent: 37 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 21 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 51 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 34 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 6 grams protein
sodiumContent: 124 milligrams cholesterol