Middle Eastern Rosewater CakesBy Valli Little On Jun 28, 2020
Cooking Middle Eastern rosewater cakes step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Middle Eastern rosewater cakes you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Yoghurt makes these little Middle Easterninspired cakes extra moist.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Middle Eastern Rosewater Cakes
- 1 cup (250ml) canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups (330g) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (280g) natural yoghurt
- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons rosewater*
- 1 cup (150g) icing sugar, sifted
- 1-2 drops pink food colouring
- Dried edible rosebuds* (optional), to decorate
The instruction how to make Middle Eastern Rosewater Cakes
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and flour eight 1-cup (250ml) decorative moulds (non-stick friand pans are ideal).
- Place the oil, caster sugar and eggs in a bowl. Using electric beaters, beat until well combined. Stir in yoghurt, followed by flour, then stir in half the rosewater.
- Divide the mixture among moulds. Bake for 30-35 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool slightly in moulds, then turn out onto a rack to cool completely.
- For icing, place icing sugar in a bowl with remaining rosewater and colouring.
- Use a wooden spoon to gradually stir in enough warm water (about 2-3 teaspoons), to make a smooth, flowing icing. Turn out cooled cakes, then drizzle with icing and decorate with rosebuds, if using.
Nutritions of Middle Eastern Rosewater Cakes