Mississippi Mud CakeBy Sarah Hobbs On Jun 27, 2020
Cooking Mississippi mud cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Mississippi mud cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
The ultimate in comfort food try this traditional Mississippi mud cake.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Mississippi Mud Cake
- Melted butter, to grease
- 250g butter, chopped
- 200g good-quality dark chocolate (Lindt Excellence 85 per cent Cocoa brand), coarsely chopped
- 250ml (1 cup) freshly brewed strong espresso coffee
- 430g (2 cups) caster sugar
- 60ml (1/4 cup) bourbon whiskey
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 300g (2 cups) plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Cocoa powder, to dust
- Creme fraiche, to serve
The instruction how to make Mississippi Mud Cake
- Preheat oven to 160u00b0C. Brush a square 20cm (base measurement) cake pan with melted butter to grease. Line base and sides with non-stick baking paper.
- Place butter, chocolate and coffee in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
- Pour chocolate mixture into a large bowl. Add sugar, bourbon and egg, and use a wire balloon whisk to whisk until well combined. Sift flour and baking powder over chocolate mixture and stir with the whisk until well combined. Pour into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 1 1/4 hours or until crumbs cling to a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake (cover with non-stick baking paper halfway through cooking if it browns too quickly). Remove from oven and set aside for 1 hour to cool.
- Turn cake onto a chopping board. Cut into squares and dust with cocoa powder. Serve with creme fraiche.
Nutritions of Mississippi Mud Cake
fatContent: 298.272 calories
saturatedFatContent: 14 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 39 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 27 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 3 grams protein
sodiumContent: 50 milligrams cholesterol
You may also like :
- Chunky Chicken And Corn Soup With Fried Chorizo
- Tomato And Bean Soup With Beef And Parmesan Meatballs
- Sweet Potato And Carrot Soup With Coriander Oil
- Potatoes With Saffron Aioli
- Homemade Chocolate Cake
- Barbecued Fish With Chickpea Puree And Sicilian Tomato Sauce
- Picture Frame Cake
- Tortilla With Romesco Sauce