Healthier Banana Coconut CakeBy Claire Brookman On Jun 23, 2020
Cooking Healthier banana coconut cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Healthier banana coconut cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Our simple banana coconut cake uses coconut milk and unrefined rapadura sugar, so its better for you and still tastes delicious. You will need to chill the bowl of your electric mixer to make the icing.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Healthier Banana Coconut Cake
- 2 x 400ml cans coconut milk (do not shake can)
- 2 cups wholesome blend self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/3 cup unrefined rapadura sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed banana (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- Chopped banana chips, to serve
- Roasted coconut chips, to serve
The instruction how to make Healthier Banana Coconut Cake
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease a 6cm-deep, 20cm round cake pan. Line base and side with baking paper.
- Scoop the thick top layer of coconut milk from cans and place in a bowl. Cover surface with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until required.
- Sift flour, cinnamon, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda into a large bowl. Add sugar. Stir to combine. Place eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 3/4 cup of coconut milk in a jug (reserve remaining coconut milk for another use). Whisk to combine. Add coconut milk mixture and banana to flour mixture. Stir until well combined. Pour into prepared pan. Smooth top.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in centre of cake comes out clean. Stand in pan for 10 minutes. Turn, top-side up, onto a baking paper-lined wire rack to cool completely.
- Transfer reserved thick coconut milk from the fridge (mixture will be slightly grey in colour) to the chilled bowl of an electric mixer. Add icing sugar and remaining vanilla. Beat for 3 to 4 minutes until thickened. Spread top of cake with coconut mixture. Sprinkle with banana chips and roasted coconut chips. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Healthier Banana Coconut Cake