Pegs Pineapple Carrot CakeBy Peg Gordon On Jun 22, 2020
Cooking Pegs pineapple carrot cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Pegs pineapple carrot cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Pineapple gives carrot cake a fresh flavour and the cream cheese icing is to die for!
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Pegs Pineapple Carrot Cake
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1 cup grated carrot (see notes)
- 1/2 x 440g can crushed pineapple in juice, well drained (see notes)
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped walnuts, plus extra 2 tablespoons to decorate
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 2 eggs
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 125g cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar mixture
The instruction how to make Pegs Pineapple Carrot Cake
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease a 6cm-deep, 20cm round cake pan. Line base and side with baking paper.
- Sift flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and cinnamon into a large bowl. Stir in raw sugar, carrot, pineapple, walnuts and sultanas. Make a well. Whisk eggs and oil in a jug. Pour into well. Stir to combine. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of cake comes out clean. Stand in pan for 10 minutes. Turn, top-side up, onto a baking paper-lined wire rack. Cool completely.
- Make Lemon Cream Cheese Icing: Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and rind until smooth. Gradually add icing sugar, beating well after each addition.
- Spread icing on top of cake. Decorate with extra walnuts. Serve.
Nutritions of Pegs Pineapple Carrot Cake
fatContent: 315.719 calories
saturatedFatContent: 14.8 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3.9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 41.7 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 4 grams protein
sodiumContent: 42 milligrams cholesterol