Coffee Drizzle Cake With DatesBy Sophia Young On Jun 14, 2020
Cooking Coffee drizzle cake with dates step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Coffee drizzle cake with dates you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
This sensational coffee cake with a few extra special ingredients makes a beautiful centrepiece for the dessert table.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Coffee Drizzle Cake With Dates
- 225g unsalted butter, softened, chopped
- 440g (2 cups) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 150g chestnut flour (see note) or ground almonds
- 200g (1 1/3 cups) self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 25g Dutch cocoa
- 310ml (1 1/4 cups) espresso coffee, cooled
- 125ml (1/2 cup) buttermilk
- Double cream, to serve
- 200g fresh dates, pitted, cut into slivers
- 50ml Cognac or brandy
- 165g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
- 60ml (1/4 cup) espresso coffee
The instruction how to make Coffee Drizzle Cake With Dates
- Preheat oven to 190u00cbu0161C. Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla in a bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each.
- Sift flours, bicarbonate of soda, cocoa and a pinch of sea salt over egg mixture. Add espresso and buttermilk, and whisk until smooth. Spoon batter into a well-greased 24cm non-stick, fluted (bundt) cake tin. Bake for 55 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Stand in tin for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, soak dates in Cognac for 1 hour. For coffee syrup, combine sugar and 80ml (1/3 cup) water in a small saucepan, stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves, then simmer without stirring until a golden caramel. Remove from heat, add espresso (taking care, as mixture will spit) and stir until smooth.
- Pour syrup over cake and top with dates. Serve sliced with double cream.
Nutritions of Coffee Drizzle Cake With Dates
fatContent: 820.726 calories
saturatedFatContent: 37 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 17 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 105 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 85 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 11 grams protein
sodiumContent: 154 milligrams cholesterol