Lemon Polenta CakeBy Member recipe On Jun 13, 2020
Cooking Lemon polenta cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Lemon polenta cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
*Disclaimer: This recipe is a member recipe. It has not been tested by the taste.com.au team.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Lemon Polenta Cake
- 250g butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup grated lemon rind
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups ground almonds
- 1 cup polenta
- 1/4 cup self-raising flour
- 1 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon, lime, orange or mandarin juice
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 strips of any citrus fruit rind
The instruction how to make Lemon Polenta Cake
- Preheat the oven to moderate (180C). Brush a deep, 22cm round cake tin with melted butter or oil. Line the base and sides with baking paper.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl with electric beaters until light and creamy. Add the rind and vanilla essence; beat until thoroughly combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. The mixture will look quite curdled at this stage. Add the juice, almonds, polenta, flour and a pinch of salt. Stir until the mixture is smooth. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth the surface.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted in the centre. Set the cake aside for at least 10 minutes before turning out of the tin.
- Meanwhile, make citrus syrup: Combine all the ingredients in a pan. Stir over low heat, without boiling, until the sugar is dissolved. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for about 12-15 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Remove the rind and pour the hot syrup over the hot cake.
Nutritions of Lemon Polenta Cake