Flourless Chocolate And Orange CakeBy Katrina Woodman On Jun 12, 2020
Cooking Flourless chocolate and orange cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Flourless chocolate and orange cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
A decadent glutenfree cake which used coconut sugar, almond meal and raw cacao powder.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Flourless Chocolate And Orange Cake
- 1 orange
- 3 eggs, separated
- 150g coconut sugar (see Notes)
- 150g almond meal
- 50g (1/2 cup) raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Raw cacao powder, extra, to dust
- Orange blossom honey, to serve (optional)
The instruction how to make Flourless Chocolate And Orange Cake
- Place the orange in a small saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 2 hours, topping up water if necessary, or until tender. Set aside to cool completely. Coarsely chop. Remove and discard the pips.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Grease and line the base and side of a 20cm (base measurement) springform cake pan.
- Process the egg yolks, sugar and orange until smooth and well combined. Add the almond meal, cacao powder, baking powder and salt. Process until just combined. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Use electric beaters to beat the egg whites in a clean bowl until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the egg white into the chocolate mixture, in 2 batches, until just combined. Pour into prepared pan. Smooth the surface.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Set aside in the pan for 15 minutes to cool before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with extra cacao powder. Drizzle with honey if desired.
Nutritions of Flourless Chocolate And Orange Cake
fatContent: 239.956 calories
saturatedFatContent: 11.6 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1.6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 29.8 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 21.8 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 7.4 grams protein
sodiumContent: 61 milligrams cholesterol