Chocolate Fudge CakeBy Kerrie Ray On Jun 12, 2020
Cooking Chocolate fudge cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Chocolate fudge cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Who says you have to miss dessert? This diabetesfriendly cake is just the ticket when an occasional something sweet is called for.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Chocolate Fudge Cake
- 310g (1 1/4 cups) no-fat Greek yoghurt
- 200g soft silken tofu, drained
- 70g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 80g 70% cocoa dark chocolate, melted, cooled slightly
- 50g (1/3 cup) plain flour, sifted
- 1 tbs self-raising flour, sifted
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tbs strawberry jam (or fruit spread)
- 1 tbs water
- 250g punnet strawberries, halved
- Micro herbs, optional, to serve
The instruction how to make Chocolate Fudge Cake
- Place a fine sieve over a bowl. Line the sieve with a double layer of muslin. Place the yoghurt in the centre of muslin. Bring edges together to enclose. Twist or tie with string to secure. Place in the fridge for 8 hours or overnight to drain.
- Preheat oven to 160C/140C fan forced. Spray a round 20cm cake pan with oil to grease and line the base and side with baking paper.
- Process tofu, sugar, egg yolks and half the vanilla in a food processor until smooth. Add the chocolate and process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl. Fold in combined flour.
- Beat egg whites with electric beaters in a clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form. Use a large metal spoon to fold one-third of the egg white into chocolate mixture until just combined. Repeat, in 2 more batches, with remaining egg white. Spoon cake mixture into the prepared pan and smooth surface. Bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Set aside in pan to cool.
- Heat the jam or fruit spread, remaining vanilla and 1 tbs of the water in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Simmer for 1 minute. Add strawberries. Simmer for 2-3 minutes or until just softened. Cool.
- Place the cake on a serving plate. Top with the yoghurt, spreading to the edges. Top with the strawberries and drizzle with syrup. Scatter with micro herbs, if using.
Nutritions of Chocolate Fudge Cake