Lemon Curd Spelt CakesBy Katrina Woodman On Jun 09, 2020
Cooking Lemon curd spelt cakes step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Lemon curd spelt cakes you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
These highfibre cakes are topped with tangy curd and strawberries.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Lemon Curd Spelt Cakes
- 125ml (1/2 cup) lemon juice
- 70g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 110g (3/4 cup) wholemeal spelt flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar, extra
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 160ml (2/3 cup) skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 130g (1/2 cup) no-fat Greek yoghurt
- 125g fresh strawberries, hulled, sliced
The instruction how to make Lemon Curd Spelt Cakes
- Place the lemon juice, sugar and rind in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir to dissolve sugar. Whisk 2 eggs in a bowl. Add lemon mixture, whisking. Pour into a clean saucepan. Stir over low heat for 2 minutes until thick. Sieve into a clean bowl. Cover surface with plastic wrap. Cool for 15 minutes. Chill for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, combine the flour, extra sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Make a well in the centre. Whisk the milk, vanilla and remaining egg in a jug. Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture, whisking constantly, until smooth and combined. Rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat. Spray with oil. Pour tablespoonfuls of batter into pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes until bubbles appear. Turn. Cook for 30 seconds until golden. Repeat to make 12 spelt cakes. Serve with curd, yoghurt and strawberries.
Nutritions of Lemon Curd Spelt Cakes
fatContent: 262.9 calories
saturatedFatContent: 4.2 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1.3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 43.9 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 25.5 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 12.7 grams protein
sodiumContent: 124 milligrams cholesterol
You may also like :
- Chunky Chicken And Corn Soup With Fried Chorizo
- Tomato And Bean Soup With Beef And Parmesan Meatballs
- Sweet Potato And Carrot Soup With Coriander Oil
- Potatoes With Saffron Aioli
- Homemade Chocolate Cake
- Barbecued Fish With Chickpea Puree And Sicilian Tomato Sauce
- Picture Frame Cake
- Tortilla With Romesco Sauce