Little Chai Breakfast CakesBy Sophia Young On Jun 08, 2020
Cooking Little chai breakfast cakes step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Little chai breakfast cakes you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
These relaxed breakfast cakes offer plenty of excuses to eat in this weekend.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Little Chai Breakfast Cakes
- 1 chai tea bag or black tea bag
- 200g packet dried apple slices
- 485g (3 1/4 cups) plain flour
- 220g (1 cup) caster sugar, plus 3 teaspoons extra, to scatter
- 110g (1/2 cup firmly packed) brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 eggs
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) buttermilk
- 125ml (1/2 cup) vegetable oil
- 200g (1 1/2 cups) frozen blueberries
- Honey, to drizzle
The instruction how to make Little Chai Breakfast Cakes
- Preheat oven to 170C fan-forced. Place tea bag in a heatproof jug, pour over 180ml (3/4 cup) boiling water, then steep for 5 minutes. Remove tea bag, squeezing excess water from bag, and discard.
- Pick out 12 equal-sized and nicely shaped apple slices. Place in a small bowl, cover with cold water and reserve. Finely chop 100g remaining apple slices (you will have some left over). Add to hot tea, stir to combine, then soak for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grease muffin pans. Using a wooden spoon, push flour, sugars, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, spices and 1/4 teaspoon salt through a fine sieve into a large bowl. Place eggs, buttermilk, oil and chai tea mixture in a second bowl, and whisk to combine.
- Pour wet mixture onto dry mixture and, using a large metal spoon, stir briefly until half incorporated. Add blueberries and stir gently to just combine, leaving flecks of uncombined flour. Using a 125ml (1/2 cup) measure, scoop mounded cupfuls of batter, then, using a spoon, scrape into each muffin hole. Drain reserved apple slices, then top each cake with a slice.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of a cake comes out clean. Check cakes after 15 minutes and cover with baking paper if apple slices are over-browning.
- Remove from oven and immediately scatter generously with extra sugar. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Using a dinner knife, gently ease cakes from pans. Drizzle with honey and serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutritions of Little Chai Breakfast Cakes