Little Gingerbread CakesBy Claire Brookman On Jun 04, 2020
Cooking Little gingerbread cakes step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Little gingerbread cakes you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Whip up an easy dessert with our Little gingerbread cakes.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Little Gingerbread Cakes
- 125g butter, chopped
- 2/3 cup golden syrup
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 2/3 cups plain flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- Lemon zest, to serve
- 2 cups icing sugar mixture, sifted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons boiling water
The instruction how to make Little Gingerbread Cakes
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Grease an 8-hole, 3/4 cup-capacity mini loaf pan.
- Place butter, golden syrup, sugar and milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 4 to 5 minutes or until butter has melted and sugar dissolved (do not boil). Remove from heat. Add bicarbonate of soda. Stir to combine. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Add egg. Whisk to combine. Add flour, ginger and mixed spice. Whisk until smooth. Spoon mixture into pan holes until half-full.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in centre of 1 cake comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Make icing Place icing sugar, lemon juice and boiling water in a bowl. Stir until smooth. Spoon over cakes. Stand for 5 minutes or until icing starts to set. Top with zest. Set aside until set. Serve.
Nutritions of Little Gingerbread Cakes
fatContent: 507.158 calories
saturatedFatContent: 14.7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 9.2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 91.4 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 5 grams protein
sodiumContent: 66 milligrams cholesterol
Tags : pescatarian, vegetarian, dinner party, dessert, kid friendly, budget friendly, family friendly, easy, ginger, milk, flour, afternoon tea, morning tea, christmas, lunch box, snack, cake, gingerbread, tea, breakfast, baking, bread, high protein, high carb,