Down Under Christmas CakeBy Valli Little On May 31, 2020
Cooking Down under christmas cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Down under christmas cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
This rich, moist fruitcake will be the highlight of your festive celebrations.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Down Under Christmas Cake
- 200g brazil nuts
- 1 cup (150g) macadamias
- 250g pitted dates, halved
- 200g glace cherries
- 100g raisins
- 100g dried mixed peel
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2/3 cup (100g) plain cake flour (see note)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1/3 cup (110g) smooth apricot jam
- 200g mixed glace fruits (such as apricots, cherries and pears)
The instruction how to make Down Under Christmas Cake
- Preheat the oven to 150u00b0C. Line the base and sides of a 20cm springform cake pan.
- Mix nuts, dried fruits, peel and zest in a bowl. Sift in flour, baking powder and 1 teaspoon salt, then stir in sugar. Lightly whisk eggs with vanilla, then stir into the cake mixture until well combined. Pour into pan. Bake for 1 hour 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool cake in the pan for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a rack over a plate and remove baking paper. Pierce all over with a skewer. Drizzle with brandy, then wrap tightly in foil and leave in a cool, dry place for 2-3 days to mature.
- Closer to serving, warm jam in a pan over low heat or in the microwave until runny. Arrange the glace fruits over the top of the cake in a decorative pattern, then brush with warm jam to set in place.
Nutritions of Down Under Christmas Cake
fatContent: 543.964 calories
saturatedFatContent: 23 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 74 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 67 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 7 grams protein
Tags : cake, dessert, bake, summer, pears, apricot, jam, alcohol, brandy, egg, vanilla extract, flour, lemon, raisins, cherry, dates, macadamia, nuts, dried fruit, christmas cake, snack, tea, christmas, baking, traditional, comfort food, entertain, high protein, ,