Chocolate Peppermint Truffle CakeBy Cathie Lonnie On May 30, 2020
Cooking Chocolate peppermint truffle cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Chocolate peppermint truffle cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
This rich, moist chocolate cake come to you just in time for Easter.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Chocolate Peppermint Truffle Cake
- 150g dark chocolate, chopped
- 150g butter, chopped
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2/3 cup self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 x 35g peppermint crisp chocolate bars, finely crushed
- 250g dark chocolate, chopped
- 2/3 cup thickened cream
The instruction how to make Chocolate Peppermint Truffle Cake
- Preheat oven to 160u00b0C/140u00b0C fan-forced. Grease a 6cm-deep, 20cm round cake pan. Line base and side with baking paper.
- Place chocolate, butter, sugar and 1/2 cup cold water in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until smooth. Transfer to a bowl. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Add eggs. Stir to combine. Add flours and cocoa. Stir to combine. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out with moist crumbs clinging. Stand for 10 minutes in pan. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, make ganache Place chocolate and cream in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth. Divide mixture between 2 bowls. Refrigerate 1 bowl for 2 hours or until firm. Stand remaining bowl at room temperature for 2 hours or until thick enough to spread. Spread over top and side of cake.
- Place peppermint crisp in a shallow bowl. Roll heaped teaspoons of chilled chocolate mixture into 12 balls. Roll each ball in peppermint crisp. Arrange balls on top of cake. Serve.
Nutritions of Chocolate Peppermint Truffle Cake
fatContent: 474.415 calories
saturatedFatContent: 27.1 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 17.1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 53.7 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 5.6 grams protein
sodiumContent: 81 milligrams cholesterol
Tags : pescatarian, vegetarian, easter, autumn, cake, dessert, brown sugar, butter, cream, flour, egg, dark chocolate, chocolate, baking, gourmet, special occasion, birthday, party, high protein, low sodium,