Raspberry White CakeBy Martha Stewart, Jennifer Aaronson and Sarah Carey On May 29, 2020
Cooking Raspberry white cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Raspberry white cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
From the kitchens of Martha Stewart comes this luscious, lightasair raspberry white cake.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Raspberry White Cake
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond essence
- 1 1/2 cups frozen raspberries
- 3/4 cup raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 1/3 cups caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons glucose syrup
- 5 large egg whites, at room temperature
The instruction how to make Raspberry White Cake
- Preheat oven to 160u00b0C/140u00b0C fan-forced. Grease three 4cm-deep, 20cm-round (base) cake pans. Line bases and sides with baking paper. Sift flour and salt into a large bowl. Stir in 1/2 cup sugar.
- Combine cream, milk, baking powder and egg whites in a separate bowl. Whisk in vanilla, almond essence and remaining sugar. Fold flour mixture into cream mixture until just combined. Fold in raspberries. Divide mixture evenly between prepared pans.
- Bake cakes for 25 minutes or until golden and top springs back when lightly touched. Cool in pans for 15 minutes. Transfer cakes to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Make Meringue frosting: Combine 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, glucose syrup and 1/4 cup cold water in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil. Increase heat to medium-high. Boil for 4 minutes or until mixture reaches 110u00b0C on a candy thermometer. Use a wet pastry brush to wash down side of pan during cooking.
- Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, beat egg whites in a heatproof bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining 2 tablespoons sugar. Gradually beat in sugar syrup in a slow, steady stream, down the side of bowl. Beat on high speed for about 7 minutes or until mixture is thick, fluffy and cool.
- Place 1 cake on a plate. Spread half the jam over top of cake. Sandwich with another cake. Repeat with remaining jam and cake. Swirl frosting over top and side of cake. Sprinkle top with coconut. Serve.
Nutritions of Raspberry White Cake
fatContent: 436.175 calories
saturatedFatContent: 10 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 77 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 59 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 6 grams protein
sodiumContent: 22 milligrams cholesterol