Popcorn Box CakeBy Liz Macri On May 28, 2020
Cooking Popcorn box cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Popcorn box cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Birthday celebrations mean cake, so wow the kids with this impressive creation!
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Popcorn Box Cake
- 2 x 340g packets golden buttercake cake mix or 2 quantities Homemade buttercake (see related recipe)
- 10 strawberry sour straps
- 12 x 4cm pieces strawberry licorice twists
- 1 1/2 cups caramel-flavoured popcorn
- 1/4 cup white chocolate melts, halved
- White chocolate writing fudge, to decorate
- 250g butter, softened
- 3 cups icing sugar mixture
- 2 tablespoons milk
The instruction how to make Popcorn Box Cake
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Grease a 7cm-deep, 11cm x 22cm (base) loaf pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing 4cm overhang at long ends.
- Prepare packet cakes following packet directions, or homemade cakes (see related recipe). Pour three-quarters of batter into prepared pan (see tip). Smooth surface. Bake for 1 hour or until cooked through. Stand cake for 5 minutes in pan. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Make icing: Using an electric mixer, beat butter in a bowl until pale. Gradually add icing sugar mixture and milk, beating constantly until combined.
- Using a serrated knife, level top of cake if necessary. Cut cake into 2 pieces crossways, 1 piece measuring 10cm (base) and 1 piece measuring 12cm (base). Taper cut-side of 10cm piece so base measures 8cm. Taper cut-side of 12cm piece so base measures 10cm (see Cooking class, below). Secure larger piece of cake onto smaller piece (cut side of small piece facing left and cut side of large piece facing right) with a little icing.
- Transfer cake to board. Reserve 2 tablespoons icing. Spread remaining icing over top and sides of cake. Cut 11 sour straps into 2cm-wide lengths, reserving trimmings. Starting from 1 bottom corner, press 1 piece of wide sour strap up side of cake to form a stripe. Repeat process with remaining cut pieces, alternating wide pieces with thin trimmings.
- Using a little reserved icing, secure licorice twists to top of cake to form a border, trimming to fit. Insert melts under twists to form a scalloped edge, using icing to secure if necessary. Arrange popcorn on top of cake within licorice border. Cut remaining sour strap into a 5cm-long piece. Using writing fudge, pipe POPCORN onto sour strap. Set aside for 5 minutes to set slightly. Using remaining icing, secure to front of cake. Serve.
Nutritions of Popcorn Box Cake