Caramello CakeBy Michelle Southan On Mar 02, 2020
Cooking Caramello cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Caramello cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
With fudgy layers of chocolate cake and caramel buttercream laced with hidden hints of gooey Caramello, this is the ultimate choccaramel creation! For the full flavour effect, take it out of the fridge about minutes beforehand and serve at room temperature.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Caramello Cake
- 450g butter
- 300g dark cooking chocolate, finely chopped
- 315g (1 1/2 cups) caster sugar
- 6 eggs
- 565g (3 3/4 cups) plain flour
- 75g (1/2 cup) self-raising flour
- 30g (1/4 cup) cocoa powder
- 185ml (3/4 cup) buttermilk
- 55g (1/4 cup) caster sugar, extra
- 2 tablespoons caramel spread, warmed slightly (see Notes)
- 375g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 600g (4 cups) icing sugar mixture
- 380g jar caramel spread (see Notes)
- 2 x 200g pkt Cadbury Dairy Milk Caramello chocolate, broken into squares, halved
- 100g dark chocolate (85% cocoa), finely chopped
- 25g butter
The instruction how to make Caramello Cake
- Preheat oven to 160C/140C fan forced. Grease a 19cm round cake pan. Line the base with baking paper. Place 150g butter and 100g chocolate in a large saucepan over medium heat, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-5 minutes or until smooth and combined. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar and 2 eggs to the chocolate mixture. Mix until well combined. Add 1 1/4 cups plain flour, 2 tbs self-raising flour, 1 tbs cocoa and 1/4 cup buttermilk. Mix until well combined. Spoon into the prepared pan. Smooth the surface. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining butter, chocolate, sugar, eggs, flours, cocoa and buttermilk to make 2 more cakes.
- Meanwhile, line a baking tray with baking paper. Place extra sugar in a small frying pan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes until golden. Working quickly, pour over prepared tray. Set aside for 15 minutes or until set. Break into pieces. Place toffee in a small sealable plastic bag. Wrap bag in a tea towel and use a rolling pin to pound until finely crushed. Set aside.
- For the buttercream, use electric beaters to beat butter and icing sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Beat in caramel until combined.
- Spoon 2/3 of the buttercream into a large bowl. Add Caramello. Stir until combined.
- Reserve 1/2 cup Caramello buttercream. Place 1 cake onto a serving plate and spread with half the Caramello buttercream. Top with another cake and spread with remaining Caramello buttercream. Top with remaining cake. Use a large pallete knife to press reserved Caramello buttercream into any gaps between layers. Use palette knife to smooth over the outside and make the layers even. Place in the fridge for 1 hour to chill.
- Meanwhile, for the chocolate drizzle, melt chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl in the microwave on Medium, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Spread the chocolate sauce over the top of the cake and allow to drizzle down the side. Set aside for 30 minutes to set.
- Place the plain buttercream in a piping bag fitted with a 1.5cm fluted nozzle. Pipe swirls on the top of the cake to decorate. Drizzle with caramel. Sprinkle with toffee.
Nutritions of Caramello Cake