Roast Leg Of Lamb With Capsicum Couscous StuffingBy Liz Macri On Jun 21, 2020
Cooking Roast leg of lamb with capsicum couscous stuffing step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Roast leg of lamb with capsicum couscous stuffing you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
The capsicum and couscous stuffing add colour and texture to this succulent roast lamb.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Roast Leg Of Lamb With Capsicum Couscous Stuffing
- 2kg (easy-carve) leg of lamb (see tip)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/3 cup couscous
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup chargrilled capsicum, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Massel beef stock
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup plain flour
The instruction how to make Roast Leg Of Lamb With Capsicum Couscous Stuffing
- Make capsicum couscous stuffing: Place couscous in a heatproof bowl. Add boiling water. Cover and stand for 5 minutes. Add pine nuts, lemon rind, parsley and capsicum. Stir with a fork to separate grains. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 220u00b0C/200u00b0C fan-forced. Place lamb, skin-side down, on a board (remove string if already tied). Press couscous mixture into centre of lamb. Roll up to enclose filling. Tie with string at 4cm intervals. Place lamb in a large, flameproof roasting pan. Rub with oil. Sprinkle with oregano, lemon and salt.
- Roast lamb for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 200u00b0C/180u00b0C fan-forced. Roast for 1 hour for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer lamb to a plate. Cover with foil. Stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, make gravy: Combine stock and wine in a jug. Skim oil from roasting pan, leaving 2 tablespoons oil in pan. Place pan over medium-high heat. Add flour. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture bubbles. Gradually add stock mixture, stirring constantly and scraping base of pan, for 3 to 4 minutes or until gravy boils and thickens. Season with pepper. Strain gravy into a jug. Serve with sliced lamb.
Nutritions of Roast Leg Of Lamb With Capsicum Couscous Stuffing
fatContent: 376.903 calories
saturatedFatContent: 17 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 10 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 1 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 43 grams protein
sodiumContent: 140 milligrams cholesterol
Tags : easter, white wine, parsley, couscous, capsicum, lamb, roast, lunch, main, dinner, leg, mains, stuffing, gourmet, special occasion, family, kid friendly, high protein, low carb, low kilojoule, low sugar,
You may also like :
- Chunky Chicken And Corn Soup With Fried Chorizo
- Tomato And Bean Soup With Beef And Parmesan Meatballs
- Sweet Potato And Carrot Soup With Coriander Oil
- Potatoes With Saffron Aioli
- Homemade Chocolate Cake
- Barbecued Fish With Chickpea Puree And Sicilian Tomato Sauce
- Picture Frame Cake
- Tortilla With Romesco Sauce