Northern-style Slow-cooked Lamb CurryBy Not available On Jun 20, 2020
Cooking Northern-style slow-cooked lamb curry step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Northern-style slow-cooked lamb curry you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
The consistency of the gravy in this curry is referred to as a dry the sauce is thick and coats the ingredients. This is achieved through the process of slow cooking the lamb.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Northern-style Slow-cooked Lamb Curry
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1.4kg Coles Australian Easy Carve Lamb Shoulder, trimmed, cut into 5cm pieces
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 brown onions, thinly sliced
- 7 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon Coles Brand Ground Coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Coriander sprigs, to serve
- Naan, to serve
- Plain yoghurt, to serve
The instruction how to make Northern-style Slow-cooked Lamb Curry
- Preheat oven to 160C or 140C (fan-forced). Heat oil in a large ovenproof saucepan over high heat. Season lamb. Cook, in 2 batches, for 4 mins or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium. Cook cinnamon sticks, cloves, bay leaves and fennel seeds for 1 min or until fragrant. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 10 mins or until well browned. Stir in garlic and ginger and cook for 1 min. Add coriander, cardamom, turmeric and chilli and cook for 1 min. Return lamb to pan. Add tomato paste and 1u00bd cups water. Bring to the boil. Cover and bake for 2u00bc hrs or until lamb is very tender.
- Top with coriander. Serve with naan and yoghurt.
Nutritions of Northern-style Slow-cooked Lamb Curry