Tuscan-style Porchetta With Fennel And Apple SaladBy Curtis Stone On May 28, 2020
Cooking Tuscan-style porchetta with fennel and apple salad step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Tuscan-style porchetta with fennel and apple salad you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Curtis Stones recipe for roast pork and apple salad makes a great festive meal or Sunday roast.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Tuscan-style Porchetta With Fennel And Apple Salad
- 2kg boneless Coles pork leg roast easy carve
- 2 fennel bulbs, bulbs and tops separated
- 4 sprigs rosemary, leaves only
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, ground
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
The instruction how to make Tuscan-style Porchetta With Fennel And Apple Salad
- To roast the pork: Position the rack in the centre of the oven and preheat the oven to 150C (130C fan). Remove the elastic ties and butterfly the pork leg to achieve a flat piece of meat that is 3cm thick. Score the meat 2mm deep in a criss-cross pattern. Flip the meat over, exposing the skin, and score the skin in a criss-cross pattern, being careful not to pierce the meat on this side. Flip over again, so the meat side is facing up.
- Separate the fennel fronds from the stems and reserve separately. In a food processor, chop the fennel fronds (measuring about 20g), rosemary, and garlic, with the black pepper, fennel seed, chilli flakes, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and 1 tablespoon of sea salt. Spread the mixture over the meat and roll up tightly. Secure tightly with kitchen string. Rub the outside with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon salt. Place the reserved fennel stems on a baking tray with the wine and place the rolled pork on top.
- Roast the pork for about 2 1/2 hours, or until a meat thermometer inserted into the centre of the pork reads 60C. Increase the oven temperature to 240C (220C fan) and continue roasting the pork for about 35 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 70u00b0C. Allow the pork to rest for at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, to make the fennel and apple salad: In a large bowl, combine the lemon zest and juice. Slowly whisk in the extra-virgin olive oil. Season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper. Remove the cores from the fennel bulbs and shave thinly on a mandolin or vegetable slicer. Peel and core the apple and shave thinly on a mandolin or vegetable slicer. Toss the shaved fennel and apple with the chives, parsley, and vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice the pork into 2cm thick slices and serve with the fennel and apple salad.
Nutritions of Tuscan-style Porchetta With Fennel And Apple Salad
You may also like :
- Chunky Chicken And Corn Soup With Fried Chorizo
- Tomato And Bean Soup With Beef And Parmesan Meatballs
- Sweet Potato And Carrot Soup With Coriander Oil
- Potatoes With Saffron Aioli
- Homemade Chocolate Cake
- Barbecued Fish With Chickpea Puree And Sicilian Tomato Sauce
- Picture Frame Cake
- Tortilla With Romesco Sauce