Filipino Roast Pork BellyBy Kim Coverdale On Jul 11, 2020
Cooking Filipino roast pork belly step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Filipino roast pork belly you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Asianstyle pork belly is usually a winner on any table. Add lemongrass and garlic and youll enter another flavour realm.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Filipino Roast Pork Belly
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 stalks lemongrass (white part only), finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1.5kg piece pork belly (see note)
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 long red chillies, chopped
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Steamed white long-grain rice, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Filipino Roast Pork Belly
- Combine garlic, pepper, salt, lemongrass, lemon rind and juice in a bowl. Rub all over pork belly, except for the skin. Place pork, skin-side up, in a glass or ceramic dish. Cover. Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced.
- Line a roasting pan with baking paper. Place pork, skin-side up, in prepared pan. Roast, brushing skin with oil every 15 minutes, for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place sugar and 1 cup of water in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add chilli and vinegar. Simmer for a further 5 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
- Increase oven temperature to 200C/180C fan-forced. Roast pork for a further 30 minutes, without brushing. Increase oven temperature to 240C/220C fan-forced. Roast for a further 10 to 15 minutes or until skin is crisp when tapped with a spoon. Stand for 10 minutes. Serve pork with rice, lemon wedges and chilli sauce.
Nutritions of Filipino Roast Pork Belly
fatContent: 1757.845 calories
saturatedFatContent: 139.1 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 49.2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 92.6 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 29.2 grams protein
sodiumContent: 180 milligrams cholesterol