Citrus Roast ChickenBy Reader recipe On Jul 08, 2020
Cooking Citrus roast chicken step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Citrus roast chicken you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
For a delicious twist on a family favourite, try this juicy roast chicken recipe with lemon, lime and garlic.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Citrus Roast Chicken
- 1.4kg whole chicken
- 80ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 3 red onions, cut into thin wedges
- 2 red capsicums, halved, deseeded, cut into thick strips
- 3 sprigs fresh oregano
The instruction how to make Citrus Roast Chicken
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Line a roasting pan with non-stick baking paper. Place chicken in pan. Brush with 1 tablespoon of oil. Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon wedge over chicken. Repeat with 1 lime wedge.
- Lightly crush the garlic and rub over the chicken. Place in the chicken cavity. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Combine onion, capsicum, oregano and remaining oil, lemon wedges and lime wedges in a bowl. Place around chicken in pan. Cover with foil. Bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden. Use tongs to squeeze the juice of half the lemon and lime wedges over thechicken. Bake for a further 10 minutes or until the chicken juices run clear when the thigh is pierced with a skewer.
- Cut the chicken into pieces. Serve with vegetables and lemon and lime wedges.
Nutritions of Citrus Roast Chicken
fatContent: 579.575 calories
saturatedFatContent: 34 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 10 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 55 grams protein