Fancy French Onion DipBy Lucy Nunes On Jun 25, 2020
Cooking Fancy French onion dip step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Fancy French onion dip you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Get fancy with a new take on a classic dip recipe. With the addition of chopped fresh thyme, Worcestershire and garlic, this French onion dip is the perfect starter.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Fancy French Onion Dip
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 brown onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 250g tub sour cream
- 1/4 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- Crusty bread, toasted, to serve
- Vegetables, chopped, to serve
The instruction how to make Fancy French Onion Dip
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes or until softened. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring often, for a further 15 minutes or until onion is caramelised.
- Stir in garlic and thyme. Cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is a deep golden brown.
- Transfer onion mixture to a heatproof bowl. Stand for 5 minutes to cool. Add sour cream, mayonnaise and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in chives. Sprinkle with extra chives. Serve with toasted crusty bread and chopped vegetables.
Nutritions of Fancy French Onion Dip
fatContent: 223.943 calories
saturatedFatContent: 23.2 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 9.2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 2.8 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 1.4 grams protein
sodiumContent: 42 milligrams cholesterol