Chicken Ginger CongeeBy Michelle Noerianto On Jun 24, 2020
Cooking Chicken ginger congee step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Chicken ginger congee you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Chicken congee is simple comfort food at its best. Top this congee with sesame oil, fried shallots and garlic to amp up the flavor.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Chicken Ginger Congee
- 1 litre Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 500ml water
- 4 slices fresh young ginger
- 1/2 cup SunRice long grain rice
- 200g chicken tenderloin, diced into 1cm pieces
- 1 teaspoon Chinese rice wine
- Salt and ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely sliced green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fried shallots (see note)
- 2 teaspoons fried garlic (see note)
- Soy sauce to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken Ginger Congee
- Bring the chicken stock, water and ginger to a boil in a large heavy based saucepan over a high heat. Add the rice and reduce the heat to mediumu2013low. Simmer steadily for 1 hour, covered stirring occasionally to prevent the rice from catching until thickened and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add the chicken to the congee, cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until the chicken is just cooked. Add the rice wine to the congee and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the congee in bowls, sprinkle with the green onion, drizzle with sesame oil and top with the fried shallots and garlic. Serve with soy sauce on the side.
Nutritions of Chicken Ginger Congee
Tags : asian, simmer, boil, autumn, lunch, dinner, main, garlic, shallot, onion, rice wine, meat, chicken, rice, ginger, congee recipe, how to make congee, chicken congee, savoury rice porridge, asian rice porridge,