Sambal EggsBy Michelle Noerianto On Nov 18, 2020
Cooking Sambal eggs step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Sambal eggs you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Try this spicy dish for a savoury breakfast or brunch.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Sambal Eggs
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced lengthways
- 5cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek
- 2 bay leaves
- steamed jasmine rice, to serve
The instruction how to make Sambal Eggs
- Hard-boil eggs: Place eggs in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly, over medium-high heat. Cook for 7 minutes. Drain. Refresh under cold water. Peel eggs in water and set aside to cool. Pat dry with paper towel.
- Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat until hot. Fry boiled eggs, 3 at a time, for 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp and golden. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Heat a large, deep frying pan over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1 tablespoon hot oil to pan. Swirl to coat. Add onion, garlic and ginger. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until onion is soft. Add tomato and sambal oelek. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add bay leaves and 1 cup cold water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Add eggs to chilli sauce. Cook, stirring gently, for 1 minute or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Serve as a side with beef, chicken or vegetables or as a main over steamed rice.
Nutritions of Sambal Eggs
You may also like :
- Indian Lentil And Egg Curry Recipe
- Bacon Ranch Dress N Dip Sauce Recipe
- Tuna And Mixed Bean Salad With Lemon Dressing
- Blue Cheese With Crisp Vegetables And Crackers
- Middle Eastern Chickpea And Vegetable Salad
- Berry And Chocolate Scroll Cobbler
- Lamb Shank, Pumpkin And Fennel Scotch Broth
- Chicken And Chorizo Minestrone