Indian Lime PickleBy Alison Adams On Nov 16, 2020
Cooking Indian lime pickle step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Indian lime pickle you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Small, round and bright green, limes taste as vibrant as they look. They originated in SouthEast Asia, and add zest to spicy, sweet and creamy dishes.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Indian Lime Pickle
- 8 limes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons mustard seed oil (see note)
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- 125g (3/4 cup, lightly packed) brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
The instruction how to make Indian Lime Pickle
- Cut each lime into 8 wedges. Place in a large bowl. Sprinkle with the salt. Cover and set aside in a cool dry place, stirring occasionally, for 2 days.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the mustard seeds and cook for 30 seconds or until the seeds start to pop. Add the garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander and chilli powder. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until aromatic.
- Stir in the lime mixture, water, sugar and vinegar and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until the mixture is thick.
- Spoon into sterilised glass jars. Seal and invert jars for 2 minutes. Set aside for 1 week to develop the flavours.
Nutritions of Indian Lime Pickle
fatContent: 23.9 calories
saturatedFatContent: 1 grams fat
sugarContent: 3.5 grams carbohydrates