Spiced Eggplant & Chickpea Salad With YoghurtBy Heidi Flett On Nov 06, 2020
Cooking Spiced eggplant & chickpea salad with yoghurt step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Spiced eggplant & chickpea salad with yoghurt you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Paneer and eggplant are coated in cumin, paprika and sesame seeds then baked until soft to make this speedy salad.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Spiced Eggplant & Chickpea Salad With Yoghurt
- 2 medium eggplants, trimmed, halved lengthways
- 200g paneer, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 80ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 cup fresh continental parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 90g (1/3 cup) Greek-style natural yoghurt
The instruction how to make Spiced Eggplant & Chickpea Salad With Yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Cut the eggplant crossways into 2cm-thick slices. Combine the eggplant and paneer in a large bowl. Combine the sesame seeds, cumin, paprika, and 2 tablespoons of the oil in a small bowl. Add cumin mixture to the eggplant mixture and toss to coat. Spread over the lined tray. Season with salt and pepper. Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, use a zester to remove the rind from the lemon. (Alternatively, use a vegetable peeler to peel the rind from the lemon. Use a small sharp knife to remove the white pith from the rind. Cut the rind into very thin strips.) Juice the lemon. Combine the lemon rind, lemon juice, chickpeas, tomato, basil, parsley, mint, garlic and remaining oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the warm eggplant mixture to the chickpea mixture. Toss to combine. Divide among serving bowls. Top with a dollop of the yoghurt to serve.
Nutritions of Spiced Eggplant & Chickpea Salad With Yoghurt
fatContent: 464.855 calories
saturatedFatContent: 30 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 28 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 22 grams protein