Pomegranate Lamb Shanks RecipeBy On Oct 10, 2020
Cooking Pomegranate lamb shanks recipe step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Pomegranate lamb shanks recipe you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Nothing can beat tender and juicy slow cooked lamb shanks. This will become one of your go to winter recipe and will keep all the family happy.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Pomegranate Lamb Shanks Recipe
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 lamb shanks
- 1 large brown onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2/3 cup whole cranberry sauce
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 cup Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 500g Brussels sprouts, halved
- 50g butter, chopped
- 3 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups instant polenta
- 1 tablespoon pistachio kernels, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons natural flaked almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh at-leaf parsley leaves
The instruction how to make Pomegranate Lamb Shanks Recipe
- Preheat oven to 160C/140C fan-forced. Heat half the oil in a large flameproof casserole dish over high heat. Cook shanks, in batches, for 5 to 7 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to a large plate.
- Heat remaining oil in dish over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, coriander, cinnamon, allspice and rosemary. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add sauce, juice, stock and molasses. Bring to the boil. Return shanks, in a single layer, to dish. Cover. Bake for 2 hours. Stir in dried cranberries. Bake, uncovered, for a further 30 minutes or until shanks are very tender.
- Meanwhile, cook sprouts in a saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes or until almost tender. Drain well. Heat half the butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add sprouts. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden and crisp. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine milk and 2 cups water in a medium saucepan. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Slowly pour in polenta, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until thickened. Add remaining butter. Stir until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine pistachios, almonds and parsley in a small bowl. Serve shanks on polenta with sprouts, pan juices and sprinkled with parsley mixture.
Nutritions of Pomegranate Lamb Shanks Recipe
fatContent: 740.661 calories
saturatedFatContent: 29.9 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 12.2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 72.4 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 42.5 grams protein
sodiumContent: 114 milligrams cholesterol
You may also like :
- Open Beef, Spinach & Feta Pies
- Cheats Beef And Mushroom Ragu
- Moroccan Roast Chicken With Apricot And Pistachio Couscous Stuffing
- Marinated Vegetables, Pastrami & Feta Focaccia
- Teriyaki Salmon With Pickled Vegetables
- Roasted Lamb Rack & Spring Vegetables
- Ferrero Rocher Brownies
- Cheats Mini Berry Jelly Trifle Recipe