Healthy Creamy Tomato SoupBy Katrina Woodman On Oct 09, 2020
Cooking Healthy creamy tomato soup step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Healthy creamy tomato soup you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Recreate classic tomato soup with this creamy and delicious alternative.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Healthy Creamy Tomato Soup
- 650g ripe roma tomatoes, halved
- 6 unpeeled garlic cloves
- 1 tbs white Italian dressing
- 1 1/2 tbs olive oil, plus extra, to drizzle
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 500g cherry tomatoes
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 1L (4 cups) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 130g (1/2 cup) quark
- Extra quark, to serve
- Fresh basil leaves, to serve
- Chopped fresh chives, to serve
The instruction how to make Healthy Creamy Tomato Soup
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place the roma tomato, cut-side down, and garlic on prepared tray. Drizzle with dressing and 1 tbs of oil. Sprinkle with sugar. Season. Roast for 20 minutes. Add cherry tomatoes and roast for a further 20 minutes or until tomatoes are very tender. Set aside to cool slightly. Remove and discard skins from roma tomato. Squeeze the garlic from the skins and discard skins. Set aside tomatoes and garlic.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the onion and carrot. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes or until softened.
- Add tomatoes, garlic and any tray juices to the pan. Stir to combine. Add stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until soft and combined. Season then remove from heat. Set aside for 30 minutes to cool slightly.
- Use a stick blender to blend soup until smooth. Place quark in a small bowl. Ladle 1/2 cup of soup into bowl. Stir to combine. Stir quark mixture into soup. Use blender again to blend until only just combined. Return to low heat to warm gently, if you like. Divide among serving bowls. Top with extra quark, extra oil, basil and chives. Season and serve.
Nutritions of Healthy Creamy Tomato Soup
fatContent: 268.636 calories
saturatedFatContent: 14.5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 13.5 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 16 grams protein