PissaladiereBy Sophia Young On Oct 08, 2020
Cooking Pissaladiere step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Pissaladiere you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
This onion tart, sometimes dubbed the French pizza, varies in composition from cook to cook. It makes a lovely, simple lunch with a salad of bitter greens dressed with walnut oil and vinegar.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Pissaladiere
- 160ml (2/3 cup) olive oil
- 4 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons thyme sprigs, plus extra, to serve
- 1/2 birds-eye chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 300g (2 cups) plain flour
- 350g grape tomatoes, halved, juices squeezed out
- 160g small black olives, such as Nicoise or Riviera, pitted
- 56g can anchovies in olive oil, drained, halved lengthwise
The instruction how to make Pissaladiere
- Heat 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onions and 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt and stir until the onions begin to cook down. Add garlic, thyme and chilli, and cook, partially covered, over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until very soft. Cool.
- Meanwhile, place flour and 1 teaspoon sea salt in a bowl. Add 100ml olive oil combined with 150ml lukewarm water and stir until the mixture forms a sticky dough. Knead on a well-floured surface for 3 minutes until the dough is no longer sticky. Cover with plastic wrap and leave at room temperature for 45 minutes for the dough to relax.
- Preheat oven with a heavy-based oven tray to 220u00b0C.
- On a piece of baking paper the same size as your oven tray, roll out the pastry until 24cm x 40cm, then fold the edges in 1cm to form a raised border. Spread the onion mixture inside the border and scatter with tomatoes. Bake the pissaladiere for 20 minutes, then scatter over the olives, place the anchovies on top and bake for a further 10 minutes or until pastry is golden underneath.
- Serve the pissaladiere immediately, scattered with extra thyme sprigs.
Nutritions of Pissaladiere
fatContent: 487.799 calories
saturatedFatContent: 31 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 41 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 4 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 9 grams protein