Sweet Baked OnionsBy Kim Coverdale On Oct 07, 2020
Cooking Sweet baked onions step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Sweet baked onions you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Take onions from humble recipe addition into the mainstream with this sweet and crunchy recipe.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Sweet Baked Onions
- 3 medium red onions, unpeeled
- 40g butter, finely chopped
- 2 slices white bread, crusts removed, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
The instruction how to make Sweet Baked Onions
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Cut onions in half lengthways. Remove skin. Trim tops (leave bases intact). Remove 3 or 4 inner layers from cut-side of each onion half.
- Place butter, bread, garlic, walnuts, sage and sugar in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Spoon mixture into onion halves, pressing down firmly with the back of a spoon.
- Place onion halves, stuffing-side up, in a baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden. Reduce oven to 160u00b0C/140u00b0C fan-forced. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until soft (cover loosely with foil if over-browning). Serve.
Nutritions of Sweet Baked Onions
fatContent: 139.098 calories
saturatedFatContent: 9.4 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3.9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 11 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 2.3 grams protein
sodiumContent: 17 milligrams cholesterol