Veal Schnitzel With Fresh Tomato RelishBy Tracy Rutherford On Sep 27, 2020
Cooking Veal schnitzel with fresh tomato relish step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Veal schnitzel with fresh tomato relish you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Theres no need to head to the pub to eat crunchy veal schnitzel and chips.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Veal Schnitzel With Fresh Tomato Relish
- 4 (about 125g each) veal leg steaks
- 75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 90g (1 cup) dried (packaged) breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 125ml (1/2 cup) vegetable oil
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Salad leaves, to serve
- Oven-baked fries, to serve
The instruction how to make Veal Schnitzel With Fresh Tomato Relish
- Place 1 veal steak between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Use the flat side of a meat mallet or a rolling pin to gently pound the veal until about 5mm thick. Repeat with the remaining veal steaks.
- Place the flour and egg in separate bowls. Spread the breadcrumbs over a plate. Coat 1 veal steak in flour and shake off any excess. Dip in the egg, then the breadcrumbs, pressing firmly to coat. Place on a baking tray. Repeat with the remaining veal steaks, flour, egg and breadcrumbs. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill (this will help the breadcrumbs stick to the veal).
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft and light golden. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the tomato and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until tomato mixture reduces and thickens. Add the sugar and vinegar and stir until sugar dissolves. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the vegetable oil to a large heavy-based frying pan and heat over high heat. Add half the veal schnitzels and cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain. Repeat with the remaining schnitzels, reheating pan between batches. Divide the schnitzels among serving plates. Serve with lemon wedges, tomato relish, mixed salad leaves and oven fries.
Nutritions of Veal Schnitzel With Fresh Tomato Relish
fatContent: 664.42 calories
saturatedFatContent: 39 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 35 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 41 grams protein
You may also like :
- Minted Haloumi With Roast Vegetables
- Beef And Vegetable Meatloaf
- Whole Grain Spaghetti With Veal, Speck Ragu And Napoletana Sauce
- Whole Grain Penne Rigate With Italian Sausages, Mushrooms, Pancetta And Olive Sauce
- Bucatini With Cauliflower, Sardines And Anchovies
- Orecchiette With Prawns And Sundried Tomato Pesto
- Spaghetti With Sea Bream And Mediterranean Vegetables
- Apricot Cobbler