Salt Cod Fritters With Alioli (Bolinhos De Bacalhau)By Sophia Young On Sep 25, 2020
Cooking Salt cod fritters with alioli (Bolinhos de bacalhau) step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Salt cod fritters with alioli (Bolinhos de bacalhau) you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
You will need to start soaking the cod two days before cooking to ensure that it is not too salty in the final dish.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Salt Cod Fritters With Alioli (Bolinhos De Bacalhau)
- 650g piece dried salt cod
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 egg yolks, plus 2 eggs, separated
- 1/2 green apple, peeled, cored, chopped
- 300ml olive oil, plus extra, to shallow-fry
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 litre milk
- 600g desiree potatoes, washed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped green olives
- Pinch of cayenne
The instruction how to make Salt Cod Fritters With Alioli (Bolinhos De Bacalhau)
- Rinse salt from cod and place in an airtight container. Cover with water and refrigerate, covered, changing the water four times a day, for 2 days.
- For alioli, process 1 clove chopped garlic, 2 egg yolks and apple in a food processor until combined. With the motor running, gradually pour in 250ml (1 cup) olive oil, drop by drop at first, until mixture begins to thicken, then in a steady stream until thick and emulsified. Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice and season.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a deep frying pan over medium heat and cook onion and remaining chopped garlic until soft. Transfer to a bowl. Add cod to same pan, pour over milk, then bring to a simmer over lowu00e2u20acu201cmedium heat and cook for 20 minutes or until soft. Drain well, cool, then remove skin and bones.
- Meanwhile, cook potatoes in a saucepan of boiling water until tender. Drain and peel, then rice or mash while still warm. Stir into the onion mixture with yolks, zest, parsley, olives and cayenne.
- Using your fingers, finely shred cod and stir into the potato mixture with 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Whisk the egg whites to soft peaks and fold into the cod mixture.
- Using two tablespoons, shape spoonfuls of cod mixture into ovals and place on a plastic wrap-lined tray. Heat 5cm of olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat and fry cod fritters, in batches, for 1 1/2 minutes each side, then drain on paper towels. Serve immediately with alioli.
Nutritions of Salt Cod Fritters With Alioli (Bolinhos De Bacalhau)
fatContent: 705.05 calories
saturatedFatContent: 43 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 10 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 18 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 11 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 60 grams protein
sodiumContent: 229 milligrams cholesterol