SpanakopitaBy Alison Adams On Sep 24, 2020
Cooking Spanakopita step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Spanakopita you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Heres an authentic and delicious version of Greeces famous spinach, feta and filo pie.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Spanakopita
- Olive oil, to grease
- 3 bunches (about 900g) English spinach, stems trimmed, washed, cut into thirds crossways
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 eggs, lightly whisked
- 400g feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 16 sheets filo pastry
- 100g unsalted butter, melted
- Lemon wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Spanakopita
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Brush a 20 x 30cm ovenproof dish with oil to lightly grease.
- Rinse spinach under cold running water. Transfer to a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the spinach just wilts. Transfer to a colander and press down with a wooden spoon to remove excess liquid. Coarsely chop and transfer to a large bowl.
- Heat the oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add the shallot and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until the shallot softens. Add to the spinach with the eggs, feta and dill. Mix until well combined.
- Place the filo on a clean work surface. Cover with a clean tea towel, then a damp tea towel (this will prevent the filo from drying out). Brush 1 filo sheet with a little melted butter. Top with another filo sheet and brush with melted butter. Repeat with another 6 filo sheets and melted butter. Fold the filo stack in half crossways and place over the base of the prepared dish. Spoon the spinach mixture over the filo in the dish.
- Repeat with melted butter and remaining filo sheets to create another stack. Fold the filo stack in half crossways and place over the spinach mixture. Use a small sharp knife to score the top of the filo diagonally. Brush with remaining melted butter. Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until golden. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly before cutting into pieces. Serve with lemon wedges.
Nutritions of Spanakopita
fatContent: 388.375 calories
saturatedFatContent: 28 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 16 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 17 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 18 grams protein
You may also like :
- Open Beef, Spinach & Feta Pies
- Cheats Beef And Mushroom Ragu
- Moroccan Roast Chicken With Apricot And Pistachio Couscous Stuffing
- Marinated Vegetables, Pastrami & Feta Focaccia
- Teriyaki Salmon With Pickled Vegetables
- Roasted Lamb Rack & Spring Vegetables
- Ferrero Rocher Brownies
- Cheats Mini Berry Jelly Trifle Recipe