Slow-cooker Thai Pork CurryBy Amira Georgy On Aug 11, 2020
Cooking Slow-cooker Thai pork curry step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Slow-cooker Thai pork curry you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Throw pork, mushrooms, garlic, Thai red curry paste and a few other simple ingredients into the slow cooker and let it do all the hard work for you.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Slow-cooker Thai Pork Curry
- 1.8kg boneless pork leg
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 40g packet dried sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 2 lemongrass stalks, halved
- 10cm piece fresh ginger, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, bruised
- 2 star anise
- 1/2 cup Thai red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons tamarind paste
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock powder
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 2 bunches gai larn (Chinese broccoli), cut into 10cm lengths
- 2 bunches broccolini, trimmed
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
- Halved long red chilli, to serve
- Fried shallots, to serve
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
The instruction how to make Slow-cooker Thai Pork Curry
- Remove string from pork. Remove and discard rind from pork. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add pork. Cook, turning occasionally for 8 minutes or until browned all over.
- Meanwhile, place mushrooms, lemongrass, ginger, garlic and star anise in the base of a 5.5-litre slow cooker. Whisk curry paste, tamarind, sugar, stock powder and coconut milk in a bowl.
- Place pork in slow cooker. Pour over coconut mixture. Cover. Cook on HIGH for 4 hours 30 minutes or until pork is tender.
- Cook gai larn and broccolini in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 2 minutes or until just tender. Drain.
- Transfer pork to a serving platter. Place vegetables around pork. Drizzle with sauce. Top with coriander, chilli and fried shallots. Serve with rice.
Nutritions of Slow-cooker Thai Pork Curry