Beef WellingtonBy Not available On Aug 02, 2020
Cooking Beef wellington step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Beef wellington you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
This delicious beef wellington truly is the Best of British.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Beef Wellington
- 500g cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1.2kg Coles whole beef fillet
- 100g butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 375g block frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 100g sliced prosciutto, from the deli
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup Coles Brand traditional instant gravy powder
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon horseradish cream
The instruction how to make Beef Wellington
- Process mushrooms in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a frying pan over high heat. Cook beef, turning, for 5 mins or until browned. Transfer to a wire rack over a tray to cool.
- Heat butter and remaining oil in the frying pan on high. Cook onion and garlic for 2-3 mins or until onion softens. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 mins or until soft and very dry. Stir in thyme. Cool.
- Roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface to a 3mm-thick rectangle. Lay the prosciutto on the pastry, overlapping slightly. Spread mushroom over prosciutto. Remove string from beef, if tied, then lay the beef on the mushroom. Brush the edges of pastry with egg and fold over to enclose beef. Press edges to seal, and tuck under to form a parcel. Place on a baking tray. Brush all over with egg wash. Chill for 20 mins.
- Preheat oven to 220C or 200C fan-forced. Bake for 20-25 mins for rare (see tip) or until puffed and golden. Rest for 10 mins before slicing. Combine the gravy powder and boiling water in a heatproof jug. Stir in the horseradish cream until well combined. Serve with beef wellington.
Nutritions of Beef Wellington
fatContent: 941.899 calories
saturatedFatContent: 65.1 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 16.7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 37.4 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 2.8 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 54 grams protein
sodiumContent: 72 milligrams cholesterol