Cumin Chicken With Peach ChutneyBy Alison Adams On Jul 27, 2020
Cooking Cumin chicken with peach chutney step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Cumin chicken with peach chutney you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
This is no ordinary chicken dish. Fresh ginger, garlic and ground cumin give it a deliciously earthy flavour.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Cumin Chicken With Peach Chutney
- 1.2kg peaches
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 80ml (1/3 cup) red wine vinegar
- 100g (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 100g butter, at room temperature
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 x 1.2kg (size 12) fresh chickens
The instruction how to make Cumin Chicken With Peach Chutney
- Use a small sharp knife to cut a cross on the base of each peach. Place the peaches in a saucepan of boiling water and set aside for 5 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the peaches to a bowl to cool slightly. Remove the skin. Cut each peach in half and remove the stone. Coarsely chop the flesh.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion and ginger and cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until the onion is soft. Add the peach, vinegar, sugar and cinnamon and cook, stirring occasionally, for 40 minutes or until the mixture is thick.
- Meanwhile, combine the butter, garlic and cumin in a bowl.
- Place 1 chicken, breast-side up, on a chopping board. Use kitchen scissors to cut the breast in half, splitting the breastbone. Open the chicken to lie flat. Cut along either side of the backbone and discard. Use your fingers to loosen the skin and press half the butter mixture evenly into the opening. Repeat with remaining chicken and butter mixture.
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Place the chicken in a large roasting pan. Bake in oven for 40 minutes or until golden brown and the juices run clear when the thickest part of the chicken is pierced with a skewer. Cut the chicken into pieces. Place on a platter and serve with the peach chutney.
Nutritions of Cumin Chicken With Peach Chutney
fatContent: 738.51 calories
saturatedFatContent: 44 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 17 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 26 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 25 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 58 grams protein
sodiumContent: 250 milligrams cholesterol
Tags : roast, lunch, dinner party, dinner, main, summer, spring, cinnamon sticks, peach, chicken, whole chicken, roast chicken, peaches, mains, family, easy, simple, winter, kid friendly, low carb, low sodium, lower gi,