Chorizo With Braised Butter BeansBy Chrissy Freer On Jul 26, 2020
Cooking Chorizo with braised butter beans step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Chorizo with braised butter beans you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Chorizo has a garlic, spice and chilli flavour which works well with the beans. You will need to begin this recipe the day before.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Chorizo With Braised Butter Beans
- 250g dried butter beans
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 100g chorizo, finely chopped
- 1 fresh long red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons no-added-salt tomato paste
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 750ml (3 cups) water
- 2 (100g) square wholemeal pita bread
- No-fat Greek yoghurt, to serve
- Baby rocket leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Chorizo With Braised Butter Beans
- Place beans in bowl. Cover with cold water. Set aside to soak for 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 150C/130C fan forced. Heat oil in a flameproof casserole dish over medium heat. Add onion, celery and chorizo. Cook, stirring, for 6 minutes or until golden. Stir in chilli, paprika and cumin for 1 minute.
- Add tomato paste. Cook for 1 minute, stirring. Add tomato, vinegar, sugar and water. Rinse and drain beans. Add to tomato mixture. Bring to boil. Cover and bake for 3 hours or until beans are tender.
- Meanwhile, heat a chargrill pan on high. Spray bread lightly with olive oil. Grill for 2 minutes each side or until lightly charred. Serve beans with bread, yoghurt and rocket.
Nutritions of Chorizo With Braised Butter Beans
fatContent: 421.118 calories
saturatedFatContent: 18 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 29 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 29 grams protein