Salmon With Fennel SkordaliaBy Sophia Young On Jul 25, 2020
Cooking Salmon with fennel skordalia step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Salmon with fennel skordalia you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Skordalia is a classic Greek garlic sauce. Weve put a modern spin on it by adding fennel, which pairs beautifully with the salmon and dill.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Salmon With Fennel Skordalia
- 4 x 250g pieces salmon fillet, pin-boned, skinned
- 2 lemons
- Sesame oil, to drizzle
- 1 bulb baby fennel
- 200g desiree potato
- 1 bulb garlic
- 2 green onions
- 1/2 bunch dill
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 125ml (1/2 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 80g slice rustic day-old bread
- 2 tablespoons milk or water
- 40g slivered almonds
- 1 baby cos lettuce
The instruction how to make Salmon With Fennel Skordalia
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Line an oven tray with baking paper and top with fish. Zest over 1 lemon and drizzle with a few drops of sesame oil. Reserve lemon. Season with salt and pepper, cover with foil, then cook for 15 minutes or until just cooked.
- Meanwhile, to make skordalia, trim and cut fennel into quarters. Peel and cut potato into 6 pieces. Cut garlic bulb in half horizontally, then place in a small saucepan with fennel and potato. Add just enough water to cover.
- Bring to the boil over medium heat, then cook for 10 minutes or until potato is tender. Meanwhile, trim 5cm from onions and discard, then cut into thin rounds. Twist off thick stems from dill and discard, then finely chop remaining sprigs and stems. Place honey in a small bowl, squeeze over reserved lemon juice, then whisk in 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil. Add onions and dill, season, then stir to combine.
- Drain vegetables, return potato to pan, then mash with a fork. Place fennel in a food processor, then squeeze in garlic from skins. Cut crusts from bread and roughly chop, then add to processor with milk and almonds. Process until smooth. With the motor running, add remaining 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil and process until combined. Add potato and process just to incorporate. Season. Makes 2 cups.
- Cut remaining lemon into wedges. Divide skordalia among plates. Separate lettuce leaves, place on skordalia, then top with fish. Spoon over dill mixture and serve with lemon wedges.
Nutritions of Salmon With Fennel Skordalia
fatContent: 920.15 calories
saturatedFatContent: 62 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 12 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 22 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 8 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 67 grams protein
sodiumContent: 164 milligrams cholesterol