Spiced Meatballs In Cream SauceBy Reader recipe On Jul 21, 2020
Cooking Spiced meatballs in cream sauce step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Spiced meatballs in cream sauce you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Add some vegies to these spiced meatballs. Theyre also delicious with fettuccine and a tomato, garlic and herb sauce.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Spiced Meatballs In Cream Sauce
- 70g (1 cup) fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs (made from day-old bread)
- 60ml (1/4 cup) pouring cream
- 60ml (1/4 cup) milk
- 1 brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 small zucchini, coarsely chopped
- 400g beef mince
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Mashed potato, to serve
- Steamed green round beans, to serve
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 teaspoons plain flour
- 125ml (1/2 cup) pouring cream
- 125ml (1/2 cup) milk
- 1/2 chicken stock cube, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
The instruction how to make Spiced Meatballs In Cream Sauce
- Combine breadcrumbs, cream and milk in a bowl. Set aside to soak. Process the onion, carrot and zucchini in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Add vegetable mixture, mince, egg, ginger and nutmeg to the breadcrumb mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Mix until well combined. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, to make the cream sauce, melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Whisk in the cream, milk and stock. Simmer, stirring often, for 3 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Stir in the nutmeg. Season with pepper.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of the mince mixture into balls. Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook half the meatballs, turning, for 6-8 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining oil and meatballs.
- Divide the meatballs, mashed potato and beans among serving plates. Pour the cream sauce over the meatballs and season with pepper.
Nutritions of Spiced Meatballs In Cream Sauce
fatContent: 690.71 calories
saturatedFatContent: 46 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 23 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 38 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 33 grams protein