Spinach And Eggplant EggahBy Sophia Young On Oct 24, 2020
Cooking Spinach and eggplant eggah step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Spinach and eggplant eggah you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Versions of frittatas and omelettes exist all over the Middle East. Iranians call theirs kookoo (or kuku); elsewhere they are known as eggah. Unlike their European counterparts, these ones are densely packed with vegetables and herbs, and make for great portable fare.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Spinach And Eggplant Eggah
- 1 (600g) eggplant, cut into 1cm dice
- 200g baby spinach leaves
- 80ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 2 leeks, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons fresh breadcrumbs
- 100g feta, crumbled
- Pinch of ground turmeric
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped dill
The instruction how to make Spinach And Eggplant Eggah
- Blanch eggplant in a large saucepan of boiling water for 3 minutes, then remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel. Add spinach to the same water and blanch for 30 seconds. Drain, refresh in cold water, then drain again. Squeeze out the excess water, then chop the spinach coarsely.
- Preheat grill to mediumu00e2u20acu201chigh. Heat 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil in a heavy-based frying pan over medium heat, add eggplant and fry for 15 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a bowl. Add leeks and garlic to same pan and cook for 10 minutes, then combine in bowl with eggplant, reserving pan. Add eggs, remaining ingredients, except oil, and a little sea salt and black pepper. Mix well.
- Heat remaining oil in reserved pan over mediumu00e2u20acu201chigh heat and, when oil is almost smoking, pour in the egg mixture and cook until browned at the edge and three-quarters set. Place pan under the grill and cook for a further 5 minutes or until set and golden. Cool slightly, then invert onto a chopping board and cut into wedges. Serve eggah warm or at room temperature.
Nutritions of Spinach And Eggplant Eggah
fatContent: 224.899 calories
saturatedFatContent: 18 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 4 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 3 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 12 grams protein