Potato & Red Onion TortillaBy Alison Roberts On Oct 24, 2020
Cooking Potato & red onion tortilla step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Potato & red onion tortilla you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Freeze this tasty tortilla in handy portions ready to thaw, heat and serve.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Potato & Red Onion Tortilla
- 500g sweet potato (kumara), peeled, cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- 500g Sebago (brushed) potatoes, peeled, cut into 1.5cm pieces (see note)
- Olive oil spray
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red capsicum, halved, deseeded, cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 1 green capsicum, halved, deseeded, cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 1 large red onion, halved, cut into thin wedges
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh continental parsley
- 4 eggs
- 8 egg whites
- Tomato chutney, to serve
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Potato & Red Onion Tortilla
- Place the sweet potato and half the water in a shallow microwave-safe dish. Cover and cook on High/800watts/100% for 4 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Repeat with the potato and remaining water.
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Spray a 20cm (base measurement) square cake pan with olive oil spray to lightly grease. Line the base and sides with non-stick baking paper.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the combined capsicum and onion and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the garlic, sweet potato and potato. Cook, stirring, for a further 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from heat. Add the parsley and season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Spoon the sweet potato mixture into the prepared pan. Spread evenly over the base. Whisk together the eggs and egg whites in a large bowl until well combined. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into the pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until set and golden. Set aside in the pan for 20 minutes to cool slightly before turning onto a chopping board. (To freeze, see note)
- Cut the tortilla into pieces. Serve with tomato chutney and mixed salad leaves.
Nutritions of Potato & Red Onion Tortilla
fatContent: 301.14 calories
saturatedFatContent: 8.5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 36 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 20 grams protein