Spiced Lentil Stuffed CapsicumsBy Kerrie Butler On Oct 22, 2020
Cooking Spiced lentil stuffed capsicums step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Spiced lentil stuffed capsicums you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Even meatlovers will love these sweet capsicums stuffed with a spicy mixture of lentils, tomatoes and celery.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Spiced Lentil Stuffed Capsicums
- 4 medium red capsicums (see note)
- 20g butter
- 1 stick celery, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 leek, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 400g can brown lentils, drained, rinsed
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Massel vegetable stock powder
- 1/3 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- Tamar Valley Greek Style Yoghurt, to serve
The instruction how to make Spiced Lentil Stuffed Capsicums
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Line a roasting pan with baking paper. Slice tops from capsicums. Reserve tops. Scoop out seeds and membrane. Stand capsicums in prepared pan.
- Melt butter in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add celery and leek. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes or until light golden. Add garlic, cumin and coriander. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until aromatic. Add lentils, tomatoes, stock powder and 1/2 cup cold water. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
- Add parsley and season with salt and pepper. Spoon warm lentil mixture into capsicums. Place capsicum tops over filling. Drizzle with oil. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until capsicums have softened and skins begin to blister.
- Place capsicums on serving plates. Gently lift tops and top each with a dollop of yoghurt. Replace tops and serve.
Nutritions of Spiced Lentil Stuffed Capsicums
fatContent: 175.665 calories
saturatedFatContent: 9 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 14 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 7 grams protein
sodiumContent: 11 milligrams cholesterol
You may also like :
- Indian Lentil And Egg Curry Recipe
- Bacon Ranch Dress N Dip Sauce Recipe
- Tuna And Mixed Bean Salad With Lemon Dressing
- Blue Cheese With Crisp Vegetables And Crackers
- Middle Eastern Chickpea And Vegetable Salad
- Berry And Chocolate Scroll Cobbler
- Lamb Shank, Pumpkin And Fennel Scotch Broth
- Chicken And Chorizo Minestrone