Sticky Date And Banana PuddingBy Janelle Bloom On Oct 29, 2020
Cooking Sticky date and banana pudding step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Sticky date and banana pudding you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Now sticky date and banana pudding can be on the dessert table in minutes with this quick microwave version.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Sticky Date And Banana Pudding
- Melted butter, for greasing
- 200g fresh dates, pitted, chopped
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 ripe large banana, peeled, mashed
- 100g butter, at room temperature
- 175g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 190g (1 1/4 cups) self-raising flour, sifted
- 160ml (2/3 cup) thickened cream
- 155g (3/4 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 75g butter, cubed
The instruction how to make Sticky Date And Banana Pudding
- Brush a 7cm-deep, 20cm (base measurement), 2-litre (8-cup), microwave-safe ring container with melted butter to lightly grease. Line the base with non-stick baking paper.
- Place dates and water in a medium, heatproof microwave-safe bowl. Cook, uncovered, on High/800watts/100% for 3-4 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and dates are soft. Use a fork to mash dates. Add bicarbonate of soda and mix well (the mixture will froth). Set aside for 10 minutes to cool. Stir in banana.
- Meanwhile, to make the caramel sauce, combine the cream, sugar and butter in a 1-litre (4-cup), heatproof microwave-safe jug or bowl. Cook, uncovered, on High/800watts/100%, stirring every minute, for 3 minutes or until the sauce comes to the boil. Set aside.
- Use electric beaters to beat the butter, sugar and vanilla essence in a medium bowl until well combined. Add the eggs 1 at a time, stirring well after each addition. Add the banana mixture and mix well. Add the flour and use a wooden spoon to gently combine. Spoon into the greased container and smooth the surface.
- Place a microwave-safe rack or upturned plate on the turntable to elevate the container by about 2cm. Place the container on top and cook the pudding, uncovered, on Medium/500watts/50% for 12 minutes or until it looks cooked (the surface will be a little sticky in patches). The pudding will rise quickly in the first few minutes and the surface will be uneven.
- Remove the pudding from the microwave and gently pour 185ml (3/4 cup) of the caramel sauce over the top. Return to the microwave and cook on Medium/500watts/50% for a further 3 minutes. Remove the pudding from the microwave and set aside for 5 minutes before turning onto a serving plate.
- Serve slices of warm pudding drizzled with the remaining caramel sauce.
Nutritions of Sticky Date And Banana Pudding
fatContent: 545.876 calories
saturatedFatContent: 27 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 17 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 69 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 52 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 6 grams protein
Tags : budget friendly, dinner party, autumn, winter, easy, quick, microwave, pudding, banana, dates, dessert, baking, traditional, comfort food, special occasion, kid-friendly, fast, simple, everday, british,