Haloumi French Toast With Chorizo And MushroomsBy Sophia Young On Oct 17, 2020
Cooking Haloumi French toast with chorizo and mushrooms step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Haloumi French toast with chorizo and mushrooms you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Inspired by the classic brunch ingredients of bread, eggs, sausages and mushrooms, this recipe turns them into a quick and easy supper.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Haloumi French Toast With Chorizo And Mushrooms
- 30g flaked almonds
- 1 loaf Turkish bread
- 250g haloumi
- 1 lemon
- 2 flat mushrooms
- 350g Swiss brown mushrooms
- 4 fresh chorizo sausages
- 4 eggs
- 60ml (1/4 cup) milk
- 70g butter
- 1/2 bunch mint
The instruction how to make Haloumi French Toast With Chorizo And Mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 200C fan-forced. Line an oven tray with baking paper and place almonds at one end. Trim bread to a 30cm length. Cut in half horizontally without cutting all the way through, then halve width-wise. Coarsely grate haloumi into a bowl, zest over lemon, then stir to combine. Reserve lemon. Divide cheese mixture between bread halves.
- Remove stalks from flat mushrooms and discard, then thickly slice with Swiss brown mushrooms. Cut chorizo into 1cm-thick slices.
- Whisk eggs and milk in a flat dish slightly larger than a bread half. Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Meanwhile, add 1 bread half to egg mixture and carefully turn over 4 times or until well soaked. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining bread.
- Add 50g butter to hot pan, quickly add bread, then cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer French toast to other end of oven tray, reserving pan (dont clean). Cook for 6 minutes or until almonds are golden. Remove almonds and set aside. Return French toast to oven and cook for a further 4 minutes or until haloumi is melted.
- Place reserved pan over medium heat. Add chorizo and cook, turning, for 4 minutes or until cooked through. Add mushrooms and remaining 20g butter, and cook, tossing occasionally, for 6 minutes or until mushrooms are lightly browned. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Cut reserved lemon into cheeks. Using a serrated knife, cut each French toast into 4 slices and top with mushroom mixture. Tear over mint leaves, scatter over almonds and serve with lemon cheeks.
Nutritions of Haloumi French Toast With Chorizo And Mushrooms
fatContent: 873.306 calories
saturatedFatContent: 54 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 25 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 45 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 50 grams protein
sodiumContent: 389 milligrams cholesterol
Tags : quick, easy, kid friendly, family friendly, dinner, lunch, main, brunch, breakfast, turkish bread, mushroom, chorizo, haloumi, cheese, sausage, french toast, egg, gourmet, low carb, lower gi, low sugar,