One-pot Loaded Mexican RiceBy Amira Georgy On Oct 01, 2020
Cooking One-pot loaded Mexican rice step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for One-pot loaded Mexican rice you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Load up your pot with rice and delicious Mexican flavours for a quick midweek family dinner.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of One-pot Loaded Mexican Rice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 200g small swiss brown mushrooms, halved
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 red capsicum, cut into strips
- 1 yellow capsicum, cut into strips
- 355g packet Old El Paso Chilli and Garlic Mexican Rice Kit
- 425g can Old El Paso Black Beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander sprigs
- 50g fetta, crumbled
- Lime cheeks, to serve
The instruction how to make One-pot Loaded Mexican Rice
- Heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Add mushroom, onion and capsicum. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer half of the mushroom mixture to a bowl. Cover to keep warm.
- Add the rice and spice mixes from kit to mushroom mixture in pan. Stir to combine. Add sauce from kit with 1 1/2 cups water. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until liquid has just absorbed. Stir in beans. Sprinkle with tasty cheese. Cover. Cook for a further 3 to 4 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Top rice mixture with reserved mushroom mixture, avocado, coriander and fetta. Serve with lime cheeks.
Nutritions of One-pot Loaded Mexican Rice