Quick Almond Cake With Strawberries In Red WineBy Valli Little On Jun 07, 2020
Cooking Quick almond cake with strawberries in red wine step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Quick almond cake with strawberries in red wine you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
For a happy high tea combine strawberries, wine and cake!
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Quick Almond Cake With Strawberries In Red Wine
- 1 1/4 cups (275g) caster sugar
- 220g marzipan*
- 220g unsalted butter, softened
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup (75g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Thick cream or mascarpone, to serve
- 500g strawberries, hulled, halved
- 125g caster sugar
- 350ml Chianti Classico or other red wine
- Strip of lemon peel
The instruction how to make Quick Almond Cake With Strawberries In Red Wine
- To make the strawberries in red wine, place them in a bowl and sprinkle with the sugar, then pour the wine over the top. Refrigerate for 12 hours.
- When ready, drain the strawberries, place the wine mixture in a small pan with the lemon peel and 1/4 cup (60ml) cold water, and cook over high heat until reduced and syrupy. Allow to cool completely, then pour over strawberries. Refrigerate until needed.
- To make the almond cake, preheat the oven to 160u00b0C and grease and line the base of a 28cm springform cake pan.
- Combine the sugar and marzipan in a food processor, then add the butter and process until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, pulsing after each addition. Add the self-raising and plain flour and baking powder, scrape down sides of bowl, and pulse to combine well. Spread into the prepared pan and cover with foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove the foil and bake 20 minutes further or until a skewer inserted into centre comes out clean - watch cake as it can brown quickly; if it does, cover loosely with foil.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Cut the cake into slices and dust with icing sugar. Serve with the strawberries in syrup and some thick cream or mascarpone.
Nutritions of Quick Almond Cake With Strawberries In Red Wine
fatContent: 705.528 calories
saturatedFatContent: 35 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 20 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 82 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 66 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 11 grams protein
sodiumContent: 232 milligrams cholesterol