Steak With Quick Sauce Bordelaise And Boulangere PotatoesBy Valli Little On Jun 04, 2020
Cooking Steak with quick sauce bordelaise and boulangere potatoes step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Steak with quick sauce bordelaise and boulangere potatoes you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
For French flavour at home, try this steak with quick sauce bordelaise and boulangere potatoes recipe.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Steak With Quick Sauce Bordelaise And Boulangere Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped thyme leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 x 200g beef rib-eye steaks (on the bone)
- 2 cups (500ml) red wine (preferably Bordeaux)
- Bouquet garni (a few thyme and parsley sprigs and bay leaves, tied with string)
- 2 eschalots, finely chopped
- 2 cups (500ml) beef consomme or demi-glaze (see note)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 20g unsalted butter
- Watercress or salad leaves, to serve
- 100ml duck fat (see note)
- 100ml dry white wine
- 2 small onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves
- 8 desiree potatoes, peeled, cut into 3-4mm slices (a mandoline is ideal)
- 300ml Massel chicken style liquid stock, heated
The instruction how to make Steak With Quick Sauce Bordelaise And Boulangere Potatoes
- For the potatoes, preheat the oven to 180u00b0C and grease a 2-litre baking dish.
- Heat the duck fat in a large frypan over medium-low heat. Add onion and thyme and cook, stirring, for 8 minutes or until soft. Add the white wine and simmer for 2-3 minutes until almost evaporated, then add the potato and stir to coat.
- Layer the potato mixture in a baking dish, overlapping in a circular pattern. Pour over enough stock to submerge the potatoes. Cover surface closely with baking paper cut to fit, then cover pan with foil. Bake for 20 minutes, then remove the foil and paper and bake for a further 30 minutes or until stock is absorbed and potato is golden.
- Meanwhile, combine olive oil, chopped thyme and garlic in a small bowl, then season. Brush steaks with the marinade and set aside while you make the sauce.
- Place wine, bouquet garni and eschalots in a pan over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer, then cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes until reduced by half. Add the consomme, then cook for a further 15-20 minutes until reduced by half again. Strain through a sieve, then keep warm.
- Meanwhile, preheat a chargrill pan or frypan over high heat.
- In 2 batches if necessary, grill the steaks for 3 minutes each side for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking. Loosely cover the steaks with foil and rest for 3 minutes.
- Stir the red wine vinegar into the sauce, then whisk in the butter to give it a nice glossy finish.
- Divide steaks among serving plates, drizzle with sauce, then serve with the boulangere potatoes and salad leaves.
Nutritions of Steak With Quick Sauce Bordelaise And Boulangere Potatoes
fatContent: 914.175 calories
saturatedFatContent: 60 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 28 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 24 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 5 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 51 grams protein
sodiumContent: 190 milligrams cholesterol
Tags : french, dinner, main, pan fry, grill, simmer, bake, meat, steak, spring, potato, onion, white wine, salad, watercress, eschalots, red wine, garlic, beef recipe, steak recipe, dinner recipe, french recipes, kid friendly, low carb, low sugar,